I have a confession to make. One that goes against the female stereotype and makes my mom wonder if I was switched at birth and not, in fact, her biological daughter.
I don’t like chocolate.
Seriously, chocolate is NOT my thing. When given the choice between chocolate and vanilla, it’s vanilla every time. I cannot think of any possible option where this would not be the case. Ice cream, cake, protein powders, the list goes on.
Now, this is not to say that I won’t eat chocolate or that I dislike chocolate entirely. Venchi chocolate in Italy would quickly dispute my claims if I tried to pass that off as truth. It’s more like I’m indifferent to it. Yes, indifferent to chocolate. Trust me, I have other vices – I’m not inhuman.
As a result of my chocolate flavored protein powder avoidance (yes, it’s a thing), I wasn’t quite sure what to do with the sample of mocha flavored Vega Performance Protein powder I received. So, it sat in my cupboard full of potential but no real plan.
But, how does a chocolate flavored protein powder avoider make a mocha smoothie she will actually enjoy?
Add peanut butter.
That’s pretty much my go-to fix for smoothies…and life in general. So far, only good things have come of it.
Including this smoothie.
Word of caution: I wouldn’t drink it too late in the afternoon if you’re sensitive to caffeine – unless you use decaf coffee instead of regular. Personally, I’ve never understood the purpose of decaf coffee, but this smoothie gives me a reason to reconsider.
Looking for a green smoothie? This one is my favorite!Print
Coffee + peanut butter = love. This smoothie allows you to get your caffeine fix and a balanced breakfast (or snack) all in one.
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used SO Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup coffee, let cool first if freshly brewed
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter, check ingredients to make sure there are no sugars added
- 1 medium banana
- 1 serving mocha protein powder of choice
- toppings: shredded coconut, Made in Nature Coconut Chips, or anything else that suits your fancy
- Place all ingredients (besides toppings) in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add toppings.
- If you like your smoothies cold, add a few ice cubes to the blender.
- If you like your smoothies thick, you may want to decrease the amount of non-dairy milk to 1/2 cup
- Serving Size: 1
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning that I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links (at no additional cost to you). I will only link to products and companies that I personally use, trust, and have found helpful (or tasty). Thank you for supporting Diet Confessionals!