A creamy, no-fruit smoothie that’s high in nutrients and low in sugar, without compromising taste.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice, I used unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter, make sure the only ingredient on the label is almonds
- 1/4–1/2 cup frozen sweet potato, organic when possible
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, organic when possible – I typically use some (or all) of the following: cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli, summer squash
- Big handful of organic greens, kale, spinach, and arugula are all good options
- 1 serving vanilla vegan protein powder
- optional, but recommended: maca powder & chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Unless you have loads of time on your hands and want to steam fresh veggies and freeze them, I suggest you buy organic frozen vegetables from the grocery store.
- Feel free to experiment and use any variation of the veggies listed above. The only things I wouldn’t recommend changing are the 1/4 cup sweet potato (for a touch of sweet & creamy), the vanilla protein powder (for protein & flavor), and some type of healthy fat (for satiety).