An anti-inflammatory smoothie that is just as tasty as it is functional.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower or zucchini (or both), organic when possible
- 1/4 cup blueberries, organic when possible
- 1–2 tbsp raw almond butter, make sure the only ingredient is almonds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of black pepper (to increase the anti-inflammatory power of the turmeric – no, you won’t taste it)
- 1 serving high-quality plant-based protein powder (I like vanilla)
- 1 cup of organic spinach (optional)
- Optional add-ins: chia seeds, maca powder, almonds
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- With the turmeric, I suggest starting with a small amount and increasing from there to let your body adjust to the taste.
- As always, I strongly suggest using a high-quality plant-based protein powder – my favorite is vanilla. It really helps to neutralize any competing flavors, while simultaneously turning off hunger hormones because of the protein.
Keywords: anti-inflammatory, smoothie, breakfast, turmeric