While my sister and I couldn’t be more different, my cousin (Joy) and I couldn’t be more similar. That’s why I wasn’t at all surprised that she spent the week she was visiting perfecting her chocolate chip cookie smoothie recipe.
And boy am I thankful she did — it is DELICIOUS!
So delicious, in fact, that I don’t even need to add vanilla protein powder to neutralize the veggie taste.
Though you can if you want to — you do you. I’m just going to be over here with my chocolate chip cookie smoothie…
Equipment & Ingredients
Organic Cacao Nibs
Organic Chia Seeds
A nutrient filled way to have dessert for breakfast. Tastes like a chocolate chip cookie with a straw — don’t worry, it won’t leave any crumbs behind 🙂
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 frozen banana*
- 1 heaping cup frozen cauliflower, organic when possible
- 2 tbsp oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 1/4 c raw cashews, organic when possible
- 1 1/2 tsp melted virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder, organic when possible
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cacao nibs
- optional: chia seeds, vanilla vegan protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend.
- *If your banana isn’t frozen, you may want to add an ice cube or two to the blender.
- Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so make sure you heat it in the microwave or on the stove before blending. Alternatively, you can put the jar in a bowl of extra hot water and wait a few minutes until it starts to soften. You can skip this part but you will have coconut oil chunks in your smoothie — personally, I like it better melted and blended.
- If you’re looking for a high-quality vegan protein powder let me know (email@example.com) and I will email you a link for $25 off your first purchase.
Keywords: smoothie, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian