A tasty and refreshing smoothie with the antioxidant power of cranberries and the anti-inflammatory power of ginger. Makes the perfect on the go breakfast or midday pick me up.
- 1 c unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1–2 c frozen zucchini or cauliflower, organic when possible
- 1/4 c frozen cranberries, organic when possible
- 1/4 – 1/2 inch (depending on preference) peeled ginger root, organic when possible
- 1 serving plant-based protein powder (I like vanilla)
- Optional: handful of organic spinach, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- I have only ever made this smoothie with vanilla protein powder. I highly recommend you do the same – it may be more tart without it.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little bit of filtered water until you reach the desired consistency.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, banana free, smoothie, anti-inflammatory